Armitage Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floods in Australia - Empathy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty Floods in Australia - Empathy

Post  Administrator Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 am

Hello Year 5. The pictures below show how Australia has been hit by terrible weather, including some of the worst floods in their history. Your homework for this week is to think really deeply about how people might be feeling (Empathy)

I want you to think about the long term affects of these floods, how it will affect people, shops, tourism, wildlife, transport...

Don't be afraid to post more than once and feel free to respond to what other people have written, this is what forums are for!

Floods in Australia - Empathy _5074810
The floods have been so powerful that cars were picked up and swept away.

Floods in Australia - Empathy _5074811
A huge search-and-rescue operation is under way to save people who are trapped in cars or on the roofs of buildings.

Floods in Australia - Empathy _5110210
People in northern Queensland have started clearing up the mess left by Cyclone Yasi, the worst storm to hit Australia in 100 years.

You can find out more information and see more pictures on the
Newsround Website

Forum rules:
- No txt spk, k? Write in full sentences using all your Literacy Skills.
- Don't copy and paste information. Re-write it in your own words.
- Write at least 2 paragraphs of information/thoughts/feelings about the subject.
- No being mean. I can check and see who writes all posts.
- Remember it is an advert at the top of the page. You do NOT have a message and you have NOT won a competition! Do NOT click it.
- Have fun

AN EXTRA DIP IN THE BLUE BOX WILL BE GIVEN OUT ON FRIDAY FOR THE BEST ENTRY!

Administrator
Admin

https://armitage.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty my home work

Post  amy Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:21 am

The house's in Australia has being not down bye the weather, it is terrible

amy

Back to top Go down

Post  shayna Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:28 am

I feel sooo sory for the people Australia because The floods have been so powerful that cars were picked up and swept away and A huge search-and-rescue operation is under way to save people who are trapped in cars or on the roofs of buildings,People in northern Queensland have started clearing up the mess left by Cyclone Yasi, the worst storm to hit Australia in 100 years.

Think about the long term affects of these floods, how it will affect people, shops, tourism, wildlife, transport so they cant just walk to the shop and get some food they have to wait for at lest 1 mounth and that is alot of time to wait for food and water,the estimate of haw many people that will die might be 1,999 people.

By;shayna braide y5

shayna

Back to top Go down

Post  israel Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:34 am

how poor the people are, it's so sad and if people were in the car's,road and that big houes it will be bad

israel

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty Australia floods - My opinion

Post  Maliha Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:11 am

I feel very sorry for the people in australia because of what they are suffering right now. They have been through a lot of pain as their property has been damaged and personal belongings ruined. I just found out that one side of australia has been flooded while the other side is still burning down and the city of Perth in Western Australia has 50 homes destroyed. The news has made me realise that some people are struggling and need help urgently. Australia has also been hit by cyclones (a violent rotating windstorm). In addition people are not sure what has started these fires and I don't think they were started on purpose. Fire fighters are worried that the agressive winds in the area will cause the fires to spread over a bigger range.

Australian floods are still raising and the thing that shocked me the most is that an 9 year old girl, named Mariah saw a snake and even iguanas since the flood and fires has started. She used to live in the UK, but her family moved to Rockhampton in Queensland. The population of Australia was 21,874,900 in 2009. The new population is still unknown. Many people have lost lives and some have permenantly damaged their body, some lucky people survived and have minor injuries - Mariah is one of them. They are now waiting for help and is recieveing food and temporally shelter.

By: Malihanur Tafannam Yr5

Maliha

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty Brilliant!

Post  Goulden Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Well done all of you so far! Malihanur, WOW! That's exactly the kind of writing I was hoping people would do, lots of empathy and you've clearly watched the research video on the Newsround website.

Keep it up guys...

Goulden

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty austrillian floods

Post  anton Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:44 am

well i feel sorry for the poeple because they had to evacuate thier cars and homes and imaginehow u would feel being stranded on one little bit of land waiting for the hirendous flood to stop. There has been lots of seerch parties and imagine all that money spent on the car but i think they will be more sad abount the breathtaking hurricane. p.s: LOOK ON THE NEWSROUND WEBSITE TO FIND OUT MORE IFOMATION ABOUNT THE TERRIBLE FLOODS

DONT COPY

anton

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty Re: Floods in Australia - Empathy

Post  ANTON Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:46 am

mine is not better than malihas i love your work maliha hope u win the dip on friday

ANTON

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty floods in astralia

Post  justin Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:20 am

I feel upset for all that rapedly woshing water and all the tornados and all the trafik in the middle of the road and lots of houses demolesed I will not want to be in astralia!!!!!!

justin

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty floods in astralia

Post  justin Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:39 am

It's so upseting for the people in Astralia houses are demoleshed in a masive way. There has been lots of rain and very powerful winds. Huracanes hurendsly harasing the houses in Astralia lots of car stranded inthe water and how long will this have to go. People are devtated that thear houses are destrod and demanding a strike!!!!!!!!!

justin

Back to top Go down

Post  galilee Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:33 am

oh my gosh, how many has to be in danger at this time in the world. i really feel sorry for those people. and is a cyloone yasi really real, because if it is then i am really lucky that i wasnt the ones there. some people can die from that, i mean holding there breath under water. what if some can't breath, i really feel sorry for them.

and how can those floods can be soo powerful to sweep those cars away. ALL OF THOSE CARS CAN CRASH. some people there cannot swim - especially in cars, because you can't - just can't swim in cars because you get small space and you'll hurt yourself.
and i still can't believe that, that powerful flood can go through peoples housesthen people end up swimming IN THEIR OWN HOUSES. thats crazy, really really crazy.

galilee

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty australia floods

Post  marisa Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 am

In austraila there has been a terriable weather. The weather in austraila has been a dissaster as you can think of also in austraila the floods are spreeding from QueensLand to brisbane. An 11 year old child has been bitten into her leg by a shark or a croc and she serrvied a smige of her sisster's life.Unnforthently she died when she went under the water to save her sissters life with empthey. The weater typhoon has been disstoying the house's in QueensLand the richest person's house was a mantion and has been tyron in pieces and the guy that lived there died because the door and the doorframe up stairs crushed him.

In Austrailathe floods are extremly trerrible and more than nine people have died and more than 700 people are still missing since last MONTH. The flooding has beengoing for more than 1 month and been casing b illions of dollers werth of damige.

marisa

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty Doing well children but...

Post  Administrator Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:33 am

You're all doing really well and it's great that you guys are doing your homework so early in the week! Just two points for improvement though:

1) You don't need to tell people not to copy, if your work is copied then you should feel honoured. (Plus I'll be able to tell what has and has not been copied)

2) CAPITAL LETTERS and f.u.l.l...s.t.o.p.s.....Don't forget them!!

Administrator
Admin

https://armitage.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty chat

Post  anton Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:24 am

sir you have had loads of post dont your fingers hurt with all the typing

anton

Back to top Go down

Post  louis Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 am

i feel sorry for these people and wear very lukey that we ant geetting this

louis

Back to top Go down

Post  HELMAND Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 am

The flood has taken people homes dowen

HELMAND

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty how people feel

Post  courntey Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:41 am

In austraila there has been terable weather some cars have been washed away.They were all on top of each other i feel sorry for the peaple they must be really scared have to live some were were there are lots of volcanoes.Some peaple feel upset because of there cars and lives what has been taken away.

courntey

Back to top Go down

Post  amy Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:13 am

The weather, is terrible in Australia because the house as be nock down and everyone is not happy with the it because they as lost there house is

amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Helmand Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:15 am

The flood his taken homes down and people have to leave.I feel very sorry for them the fleed his get wores. The flood was so powerful the water threw the cars to other car.

Helmand

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty home work

Post  israel Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 am

It so sad that the homes are knoked down. all the people have to make it again. it will be sad for them and the wind was so powerful that a house fell down.

israel

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty fakt

Post  layton Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:18 am

hiy israel hav you fawd eney faks

layton

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty how people feel in australia

Post  DOUGIE Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:19 am

The floods have been so powerful that cars were picked up and swept away, huge search-and-rescue operation is under way to save people who are trapped in cars or on the roofs of buildingsPeople in northern Queensland have started clearing up the mess left by Cyclone Yasi, the worst storm to hit Australia in 100 years they might feel Frightened, freaked out, afraid, phobia, petrified, horrified, terrified and they might die.

By dougie

DOUGIE

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty The Australian Flood

Post  Dorcas Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:25 am

Im glad I dont live in Australia, but I really feel sorry for the people that live there how can the children go to school and how can the adults go to work. The people of Australia must be reallly sad that their homes are destroyed and the floods must have made lots of chaos because the people might have been on the motorway which they go at very high speed. Australia is a beautiful place to live but now it has been destroyed because of the flood how will the people cope with this matter.

Dorcas

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty mur fakt

Post  layton Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:26 am

wof you fawn awt evrewon

layton

Back to top Go down

Floods in Australia - Empathy Empty people read it

Post  davina Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:28 am

The flood is terrible and i think it is so upsetting to see there homes like that if i was them i would feel sooo sad to have no home and i would be on the streetswith other people i dont knnow . People in austrailier are used to it because they usually have it,The australian flood is terrible.

davina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next